Who We Are
The advancement in science and technology has also raised the importance of robust and personalized applications and services development. Ubiquitous Computing Laboratory (UC Lab) utilizes the ubiquitous devices and cloud infrastructure to realize the vision of ubiquitous computing and deliver the required services. UC Lab concentrate on realistic research and development efforts to develop and deliver services and application that have direct technical impact in technology domain and social impact on the community. To achieve the overall objective, UC Lab has defined sub goals which are listed below:
- Research and development efforts in area of ubiquitous computing, smartphone app development, machine learning, data mining, cloud computing, and security and privacy.
- To investigate novel or innovative research ideas in the above mentioned fields and their analysis, design, implementation, and testing in the real field of study.
- Encourage and facilitate students in taking initiatives, conducting individual and group research and development work, and delivering original research results.
- Establish collaboration with local and international research groups, research organizations, and industries to improve the overall research output and maintain the quality of research and development.
UC Lab has three Post Docs and more than 30 smart and talented MS/PhD students from different countries like: Korea, Vietnam, China, and Pakistan. This makes the UC Lab environment more dynamic, promising, and productive for doing excellent research and development.
UC Lab always welcomes smart and intelligent students to be part of the research and development team. If you are interested to work under the umbrella of UC Lab in any of the research areas defined at http://uclab.khu.ac.kr/index_aboutus.php?type=research, you are welcome to send your resume. In addition, UC Lab also invite highly experienced faculty around the world for joining as well as for possible research collaboration.
Our Team Members
Prof. Sungyoung Lee
- Big data processing, Context awareness, Knowledge management
Prof. Wajahat Ali Khan
- Ontology Managment
- User Experience, User Experience Design, Machine Learning, Text Mining
Anees Ul Hassan
- Machine Learning, Text Mining
- Machine Learning, Speech Processing, Emotion Recognition
- Big Data, Cloud Computing
- Image Processing, Machine Learning