The advancement in science and technology has also raised the importance of robust and personalized applications and services development. Ubiquitous Computing Laboratory (UC Lab) utilizes the ubiquitous devices and cloud infrastructure to realize the vision of ubiquitous computing and deliver the required services. UC Lab concentrate on realistic research and development efforts to develop and deliver services and application that have direct technical impact in technology domain and social impact on the community. To achieve the overall objective, UC Lab has defined sub goals which are listed below:
UC Lab has three Post Docs and more than 30 smart and talented MS/PhD students from different countries like: Korea, Vietnam, China, and Pakistan. This makes the UC Lab environment more dynamic, promising, and productive for doing excellent research and development.
UC Lab always welcomes smart and intelligent students to be part of the research and development team. If you are interested to work under the umbrella of UC Lab in any of the research areas defined at http://uclab.khu.ac.kr/index_aboutus.php?type=research, you are welcome to send your resume. In addition, UC Lab also invite highly experienced faculty around the world for joining as well as for possible research collaboration.
UC Lab has three Post Docs and 30 MS/PhD students. The research group is sub divided into different research teams http://uclab.khu.ac.kr/index_research.php?type=organization. Each research team is intensively engaged in their respective research and development efforts. The major research areas which are currently under focus of different research team members are listed below.
1. Cloud and Big Data System
- Complexity reduction for fast Gaussian process
- Graph Based Simplification strategy to interpret linked data as knowledge
- Video-based Activity Recognition
- Audio-based Emotion Recognition
- High Level Context Recognition
- Expert Driven Knowledge Acquisition
- Data Driven Knowledge Acquisition
- Context-Aware Recommendation Interpreter
- Semi-Automated Content Analysis of Narration for User Experience Assessment
- Medical Knowledge Authoring Environment
- Abnormal Health Situation Monitoring
[Ubiquitous laboratory Research History]